Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sugar Heaven!

I just finished checking the kids Halloween candy for impurities and such and they made out better than any other year before.  We went to a friends house for a party before trick or treating and it was amazing.  The kids had a scream off contest...funniest thing I've heard/seen in a long time.  I wish I could express in words their facial expressions when they were screaming.  After the pizza, pinata and party games (including the race to make a friend a mummy out of one roll of toilet paper), we went trick or treating around my friend's neighborhood.  And just let me say, my neighborhood gives out crappy candy!  Sorry if you're a neighbor of mine, but pretzels and totsie rolls are nothing compared to the candy my kids got in my friends neighborhood.  There is such a variety I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat first.  Should I have the Fun Dip or the big soft Sweet Tarts?  Or maybe the Butterfinger?  Of course the full size Reese's Cup might hit the spot too. I think we got about 20 full size Reese's Cups. Oh, the choices!  I'll go with the large Hemon head, it's small, sweet and doesn't have many calories.  How am I going to keep my hands off of this candy Lord?  I am in Sugar Heaven.  Really! I imagine my Heaven being a large shoe closet filled with 4 inch heels and the shoes are filled with candy.  And in order for me to be able to wear the shoes, I have to eat all the candy in them first.  And of course because it's heaven I don't gain a pound or have to work out or get a stomach ache from sugar overload.  In my Heaven sugar is the main food group.  And because of this wonderful holiday of Halloween and my friends gracious neighbors, I am half way to my Heaven! 

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely hilarious! In my heaven, I don't even have this kind of imagination. Maybe I need to come out of the box, ugh? Cannot wait to see how you handle having all this candy this week. Oh, by the way, don't try filling up all those shoe in the hall closet to try and save for later.....

    ReplyDelete