Friday, October 29, 2010

Lucky me..

On Sunday my friend is having a Halloween party for the kids.  She decided to do this because she and another friend held a large, very decorative, all adult Halloween party at her house last weekend and she thought it would only be fair to allow the kids to enjoy the decor as well.  I told my friend I would help her out with the party.  I said, "This is a great idea!  I'll bring caramel apples and a pinata!"  No problem, right?  Wrong.  First off, I went to my favorite store to get a pinata and caramel apples and it didn't have either.  Then I went to my least favorite store only to find they also didn't have a Halloween pinata or pre-made caramel apples.  Now, anyone who knows me knows that if I can't find something, I'll just make one.  I couldn't find a good Zues costume for my husband, so I made one out of a sheet, curtain tie back and curtain rod.  He was a great Zues to match my Aphrodite costume.  Naturally, since I couldn't find the pinata or carmel apples I thought, "I'll just make them".  Making a pinata is actually easier than making the caramel apples.  The problem is, I couldn't find balloons to make the pinata.  Really, I went to 3 different places and couldn't find regular large birthday balloons.  This made me wonder what in the world had gone so bad that common stores wouldn't sell balloons?  And why are these stores depriving our children of the joy of balloons?  Is there nothing better than filling balloons with water and throwing them at our friends?  Or sitting on balloons to pop them and annoy the people with whom we want to annoy?  What kind of birthday is it going to be if there are no balloons?  These were the things going through my head when I left work early to hit one more store.  I thought I'd go the the local grociery store down the street from my house to get apples and caramel and check for balloons, although since it's a grociery store I didn't think they'd have the balloons.  But they did!!  Not only did they have balloons, but they had a Halloween pinata!  YES!  And to top off the trip, they had pre-made caramel apples!  YES AGAIN!  Who'd a thought that my grociery store, where I go 4 to 5 times a week to pick up toilet paper and cheese would have the 2 things that no one else carries?  Lucky Me!  And to top off the evening of not having to make a pinata and caramel apples, my husband called and said he's going to get a movie and a bottle of wine on the way home.  I love wine almost as much as I love my husband, so when he brings home a bottle of wine... well, let's just say...Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment