Monday, October 25, 2010

Cheese

     I love cheese.  I could put cheese on almost anything.  I say almost anything because there are some things that cheese just won’t go on.  Bacon, for example, is only good with cheese if there are eggs involved.  I also don’t believe that cheese and chocolate would be a good mix.  When I was young my dad would say “well, you like this, right?  And you like that, right?  So you’ll love them together.”  But this is not always true.  Case in point, we were at the state fair this summer and my husband decides he wants to try the chocolate covered bacon.  Yes, I love bacon and yes, I love chocolate…but together it was ridiculously nasty.  If it doesn’t sound like it would be good together, chances are it won’t be good together.  Like black and brown.  I love black and I love brown, but if your stylist is telling  you to wear black pants with brown shoes, fire him/her right away! 
     Back to the topic…I love cheese with almost anything.  Right now I am eating a garden salad with ham, turkey and cheese cubes.  It has ranch dressing, which is alright I suppose but I’d much rather have French dressing.  French dressing and cheese cubes on salad is heavenly.  Ranch dressing and cheese cubes on salad is boring.  But I got a great deal on this salad at the store this morning and the dressing was not optional.  I’ll take what I can get when there is cheese and a sale price involved.  When I go out for lunch or dinner I very rarely order something that doesn’t come with cheese or have cheese on it.  At burger joints I get cheese burgers.  At Mexican restaurants I get extra queso on my beanless burrito.  And at chicken places I get cheese to dip my chicken into.  Last night for dinner I had tortilla chips with melted shredded cheese on top.  It was delicious.  Now, what will I have for dinner tonight?

1 comment:

  1. I love black and brown- i wear a lot of black and brown and if its a dark, bad morning I can find myself with one black shoe and one brown shoe on once I get to work.

    I must say I agree - one should never where black pants with brown shoes- maybe brown pants with black shoes- but never the first. : )

    ReplyDelete