Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Crazy night

Well, I spent Monday night skipping class to take care of my 9 year old who caught the flu and was vomiting every 30 minutes for 6 hours or so.  I really thought that my 11 year old would start getting sick right around the same time the 9 year old stopped, but lucky me, she hasn't caught it yet.  He's not so bad when he's sick, he just gets sick and says "the flu really sucks mom".  Now her, on the other hand, when she gets sick it's drama, drama, drama.  She's crying and throwing things and taking a shower after every time she gets sick.  So, let's keep praying she doesn't catch this flu, for her sake and mine.

And that was my Monday.  Tuesday night, my neighbor's house caught fire around midnight and this caused our street to be lit up like a Christmas tree from 4 fire trucks, 1 ambulance and IPL truck.  Luckily, her house is in tact, no structural damage.  Her bathroom exhaust fan was left on for hours and started to smolder and smoke.  It caught fire just before the fire trucks got there.  I guess it's good to live less than a mile from a fire station.  She has to replace the ceiling in both her upstairs bathrooms and all the insulation in the attic, but it could have been much worse.  She said the smoke alarms woke her up and the smoldering and fire spread so slowly that if it weren't for the smoke alarms they may not have made it out.  Note to self, make sure all smoke alarms in house have working batteries and don't leave the bathroom fans on for a long period of time.

Needless to say, since the fire trucks kept me up last night, I'm exhausted.  And I have class tonight.  Maybe I can skip out early, but probably not.  We have partners for this project so I doubt I'll be able to leave early because then I will be accused of not pulling my weight in the project.  I always pull my weight, just not always in the classroom.  Our instructors say, "it's your money, don't you want to get the full 4 hours out of it?"  I say "It's my money, if I want to leave early then I'll leave early."  I wish I could take morning classes, I'm a morning person. I'm actually quite perky in the morning.  I can't think at night, I just want to curl up on the sofa and watch something funny.  Since I get up a 4:45am, I'm usually done for the day right after I eat dinner.  This is why I feel it's necessary to leave class early.  It's a 35 minute drive home and I might not make it home if I stay at the school until 10:00. Sometimes I fall asleep in the car, even when I'm driving.  Hence another reason to leave class early...

No comments:

Post a Comment