Friday, January 28, 2011

Bad Year?

Well, what was a bad week has turned into a bad month.  And I fear the bad times will continue throughout the year.  I know, I know, God doesn't close a door without opening a window.  But climbing out of a window is much more difficult that walking through a door.  I mean do you really want to climb in and out of a window when there is a foot or more of snow on the ground?  And believe me, there is more than a foot of snow on my ground. 

I try to stay positive.  I try to crack jokes about losing my job, my mom having cancer and all the other crap that seems to be falling out of the sky on my head, but it doesn't stop the tears from falling on my pillow at night.  Stupid tears. 

I get through the day by knowing that it can always be worse.  I think of the tragic things that have happened to people I know and think about how no matter how bad things seem for me, they really aren't that bad at all.  I didn't just lose a child, I only lost a job.  I didn't just lose my husband, I just don't get to see him very often.  I don't have stage 4 cancer, I'm just supporting and praying for someone who does.  My house hasn't caught fire, it's just running up my electric bill because of the extra cold weather.  See, not so bad, right?

Now, off to find a job... 

1 comment:

  1. And...your blog ROCKS! That's something going good too! Hang in there Kel! God has you right where he wants you right now. And you don't understand or know why right now, but someday it will all click. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete