Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Resolution

I have never made a New Year's resolution before.  I've never really had anything I've wanted to change.  But this year I've made my very first resolution, and it is the same as most everyone's resolution, to lose weight.  I've gained 30lbs. over the past year.  That's a lot of weight for one year! I mean, if you think about it, a pound is 1 bag of sugar at the store.  So, imagine picking up 30, 1lb bags of sugar, and adding them to your body. Yeah, a lot of weight, right?!

In my closet, I have sizes that very from smalls to extra larges because my weight has always fluctuated, and an XL at Charolette Russe is the same as a M at NY & Co (two of my favorite stores).  As of right now, my mediums from any store don't fit, which of course means there's no way in hell I can possibly get into a S.  My size 6 work pants and skirts barley fit over my hips and trying to zip them is a joke.  My size 8's still fit if I lay down to zip them.  I refuse to buy a size 10.  Not because I think a 10 is fat, because it's not at all, but because I don't want to buy new clothes when I have perfectly good clothes -and a lot of them- in my closet right now.  Also, I don't want to buy a 10 because it would mean I'm excepting the fact that I keep gaining weight and I don't mind.  I totally mind. 

So, you may be wondering how I'm planning on loosing weight.  Well, I bit the bullet and joined Weight Watchers.  It's been one week and I am loving this plan.  I have 29 points a day and I have yet to go over.  Well, that's not entirely true.  After we lost the Colts game the other night, I did do a few Jager Bombs which put me over my daily limit.  But I have 49 extra points a week, so it just took off of those points.  I track everything I eat on the new Weight Watchers website.  It's so easy and I've made it into kind of a game.  I look things up to see how many points it is and then try to figure out if it's worth having it or not.  For example, a regular cookies and cream shake from Steak and Shake is 22 points.  That is not worth it to me.  1 chocolate chip cookie from Subway is 6 points.  Also not worth it to me.  But 2 Hershey Kiss' is 1 point, so worth it.  The website also has great recipes.  I found one for chocolate chip cookies that are only 1 point each.  I made them and they are really good.  My kids couldn't tell the difference.   Last night for dinner, I grilled (on my George Forman Grill, which I haven't used in over a year), center cut pork loins and garlic bread.  I also made Lipton Chicken rice.  The whole meal was a total of 12 points.  Less than half of my daily limit and I was full after I ate.  And if I get hungry, then I can have a banana or grapes or an orange, all zero points.  It's so much easier than counting calories or fat.

I also am still doing yoga, which I love.  And I went to Zumba with my friend on Monday.  I plan on doing Zumba once a week, but we'll have to see if my schedule will allow it.  I started classes again this week too.  So bring on the stress!!! Luckily, for the next couple of months, things will be very low key.  There are no Colts games/parties to attend/have.  The holidays are over.  The weather is horrible.  I'm so glad there is nothing to do besides work, school and running the kids to practices.  I need this break, and so does my bank account, as well as my waist line. 

4 comments:

  1. Kellie, I think you have always looked great! You have a figure that most women would LOVE to have...me included! WW is awesome! That is how I lost all my weight. You are going to lose when you weigh in and you will be so pumped to keep doing it. I am proud of you...even though, like I said, you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I meant Katie. Got ahead of myself typing there for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, I just bought a scale so I can keep the pounds from adding, hopefully it will keep me focused and they will fall away. Yoga is awesome and if you add in a sincere rest and meditation time it will help with the belly fat and stress of the day and pressure we put on ourselves.

    ReplyDelete