Thursday, November 18, 2010

Not in my 20's anymore...

     Last weekend my husband and I partied like rock stars.  OK, maybe not rock stars as there were no drugs involved (unless you consider alcohol a drug), but we did party like we were 21 again.  Let me just tell you, we are not 21 anymore.  Or 22, 23, 24, 25…  And our bodies do NOT recover from a weekend of Jager Bombs, beer and wine like they did when we were in our 20s.  They also do not respond well to lack of sleep.  I do believe that I got a total of 8 hours of sleep from Friday night/Saturday morning to Monday morning.  It’s Thursday and I’m just now fully recovered.  I thought I was completely up to par yesterday, but then I found myself falling asleep at my desk around 10am.  This is when I came to the realization that, although the weekend was super fun, maybe I should keep the partying to one week night instead of three consecutive nights.  Usually, I keep the drinking to a minimum unless it’s a special occasion, like New Year’s Eve, Birthday’s and Tuesday’s.  Just kidding about the Tuesday’s, I do keep the drinking at a minimum on most Tuesday’s.  But this past weekend there were many special occasions (a battle of the bands and a couple of birthdays), and we had someone to watch the kids both Friday and Saturday nights so we took full advantage of the situation.  What I need to ask myself, is “is going out with great friends and partying for 3 days worth 3 days of feeling tired and groggy”.  After thinking about this for quite some time, 3 days to be exact, I say “YES, yes it is totally worth it!”  And, although we won’t be with friends this weekend, we will be partying Friday and Saturday night as we are going to the last two Dave Matthews Band shows of the year.  We always make new friends at the shows and since the band is not touring next year (and could quite possibly not tour anymore at all) we will definitely be having a good time.   So, raise your drink, here’s to NOT being in your 20’s anymore and still having a great time!  Here’s to great friends that buy you drinks and allow you to return the favor!  Here’s to Thursday’s, the day of the week when you finally feel better from the weekend, and are ready to do it all again on Friday!  Here's to hoping everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment