Monday, November 8, 2010

Babies

I love other people's babies!  I loved my kids when they were babies too.  Ok, I still love them bunches even though they aren't babies anymore.  But I have a nephew that just had his first birthday party and he was so funny.  We sat him on the table and put the cake in front of him.  Once he figured out that he could actually eat what was put in front of him without someone telling him "no", he went to town.  And when he started to get fussy, it didn't take him long to realize his hands were covered in icing and he didn't need to be crying, he just needed to stick his hand in his mouth again.  My son wanted to get him some Hot Wheels, but since my nephew puts everything in his mouth and Hot Wheels are a choking hazzard, we got him some small monster trucks instead.  He got lots of presents, but he just wanted to play with the trucks we got him.  He would have one in each hand, rolling them around on the ground saying "vroom vroom".  Super cute. And super smart for a 1 year old.
My sister is pregnant with twins and my other sister is also having baby.  So, by this time next year there will be a 2 year old, 2 five month old babies, and 1 nine month old.  Christmas 2011 is going to be so much fun.  Or...it could just be a bunch of babies crying.  I hope it's not the later.  I, for one, think it's incredibly funny that my parents are going to have 10 grand kids ranging from ages 12 - 0 in less than one year.  They are in they're early 50's and I think that is young to have 10 grand kids.  One thing's for sure, they aren't getting anymore from me.  I love my kids more than anything, but some women were made to do nothing but have kids and raise them, and some are not.  I was not.  I got lucky, I had my kids young and got a girl and a boy.  They will both be of adult age when I'm 40.  I say this like I can't wait until that happens, but truth is, although I don't want anymore kids, I don't really want the ones I have to grow up either.  I will be that mom that goes through the empty nest syndrome.  I will have to travel the world or something to get over the fact that they aren't upstairs in their beds.  It makes me sad to think about it so I'm going to stop right now.
On another note, we have a lot going on over the next few weeks so my post should be quite good.  I just jinxed it by saying that though, so I'm sure they will be rather crappy and dull.  You'll have to check back to see how they turn out...

No comments:

Post a Comment