Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Days off and the weather

Tomorrow is Veterans Day and I have it off.  The joy of government jobs!  I had last Tuesday off for election day as well.  And then of course I get Thanksgiving and Black Friday off too.  So, what am I doing with all these days off?  Well, mostly the dentist.  Haha, get your mind out of the gutter you silly readers... I meant going to the dentist.  Last week after I voted (republican ticket by the way), I got my teeth cleaned.  I hate having my teeth cleaned, but I love the way they feel after they've been cleaned.  This week I'm taking Hannah to the orthodontist and Dylan to the dentist.  It's easiest for me to schedule these appointments on days off so I don't have to use my PTO to take care of our teeth.  That will be most of my day tomorrow, but I do need to stop by the mall and get new tips put on my black and white heels.  And while I'm at the mall I might as well feed my shopping addiction and look for some new boots.  Yes, I do need new boots.  I'm torn between brown knee highs or black ankle boots, I need them both but unless I find a stellar deal, I'll just get one pair and wait on the other.  I may have a shopping addiction, but at least I have it under control.  And now that you know of my shopping addiction, it'll be no surprise that I will be shopping on Black Friday.  Yes, this day does deserve to be capitalized.  It is a holiday in my book.  The whole day is blacked out on my calendar and I start at 5am or so.  The nice thing about starting that early isn't just the deals, it's also that I'm done by noon and get to come home and take a nap.  Shopping is so exhausting it should be a sport.  And if it were a sport, I'd not only play, I'd win.  There are few things I'm good at in this world...I'm a great wife, good mom, hard worker, an OK artist, and I'm not too shabby of a poker player.  But the thing I probably do best is shop.  So, if you ever need a shopping partner just give me a call!
On another note, what's up with the weather?  Since when did November become "early Autumn"?  The high today is 74 degrees.  This is tank and sandal weather.  It's very depressing to want to wear a sweater and boots but know that if you do you'll probably feel like your going through menopause by 2:00 in the afternoon.  Humm...layers of clothing is my suggestion.  The hotter the day gets, the more you take off. 
And to those of you who have already put up your Christmas decorations...it's too early!  And if you think I'm wrong about this, just check your thermometer.  This is Indiana and Christmas decor should not go up until the temp stays below 50, or it's after Thanksgiving.  But if you really need to do something to get you in the Holiday spirit, it's never to early to Christmas shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment