Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Really, I mean...Really

I know that we all have crappy days.  I know that I have had a ton of crappy days.  Hell, I've had some crappy years.  But why is it that we can't have a day where just one thing goes wrong?  Why does it always have to be a multi-bad things happening day?  Today was one of those days.  I should have known it was going to be like that when my cat scratched my ankle when I was going up the stairs this morning.  She always runs up the stairs with me, and down the stairs with me, and back up the stairs with me.  And she has never actually scratched at my legs when she does this morning routine.  But for some reason this morning, she must have been mad at me for something, because she got me good right at my ankle and it bled.  Next up for the things that can go wrong...some guy cut me off while I was on my way to work, so of course I honked my horn because I almost rear ended him.  And that jack-ass flipped me the bird.  Really?  You cut me off then give me the finger? 
I thought the day was looking up when I had a great house call for design services.  The client came into the showroom a couple hours after I left her house and spent $3300.  Not to shabby.  But wait....I then had a $1500 return.  In commission sales, you have to take the returns off the sales.  So, I lost the $1500 in sales for the day and month.  But wait, that's not all.  My grandma called me (because my mom couldn't) to tell me that my mom went to the doctor today and the doc said there isn't anything else they can do for her, she has 2 to 4 months.  After some time passed, I called mom.  She seemed alright for the most part, but she told me hospice is coming out on Tuesday.  Really?  Tuesday.  Why are they coming out on Tuesday if the doctors are saying 2 to 4 months? 
So, here I am at work trying to get a grasp on everything when I get a text from my husband that Dylan's football coach has moved him from running back to center.  What the hell?  How do you train a 10 year old in one position for 3 weeks then change such position 3 days before the first game?  How do you move the fasted kid on your team who ran the most yards during the scrimmage game to a position that he's way to small for and has no idea how to play?  I was not happy.  Then I get a text from Eric saying that the coach moved him to a defense position.  Great, he has no idea what to do on defense because he's only been playing the running back position.  Now, I'm the type of person that can handle the really bad news that people give you.  I stay strong in the tough situations.  But while I'm being strong in the really bad stuff, the little things are what set me off.  It's a damn good thing that I wasn't at that practice, because I would have been going off the coaches.  The good news is that Eric did say something to the coaches after practice and they are going to play him as running back and as a defensive end.  So, I guess we'll see on Saturday at the first game how well he does.
I'm not sure how the next few weeks are going to go.  So excuse me if I am crabby, bitchy, winey or just plain out of it.  There are a lot of details my sibblings and I have to deal with before my mom passes, plus I'm working 49 hours a week and have 2 classes that I must pass so I can graduate in December.  If I snap at you, I'm sorry.  I don't mean it at all.  If I lose my poise, I'm sorry.  And if you see me at the grocery store in pajama pants and flip flops, well, you'll never see me at the grocery store in pajama pants and flip flops.  I don't even own a pair of flip flops.  Anyway, just ignore me until...well...I don't have a time frame for when I might be back to myself.  I just hope that my next bad day isn't one thing after another.  And I hope that your next bad day isn't one thing after another.  Sorry this one's not funny...maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment