Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Party at the Track!

It was the best weekend at the track for the Brickyard 400.  I showed up Thursday evening, after a very busy day of work, only to find my friends and husband had already been through 2 bottles of Jager.  Now, some people would be upset that they were that far behind, or that so much alcohol had been drank already, leaving less for me.  But not me, I was not worried because I knew there were still 4 bottles of Jager left, plus my bottle of Amaretto.  Oh, and the Bacardi soaked fruit.  Of course I had to drink rather quickly to get caught up.  A couple of hours in and you never would have known that I had to catch up.  Then, a few more friends showed up and a few friends passed out.  The 4 of us that stayed awake were up until 6 or so in the morning.  We just asked questions and answered them, and it was the most fun I've had in a while with my friends.  I wish those who had passed out would have stayed awake.  I'd really like to know what kind of Animal they think they'd be.  I have to say I don't really remember Friday, I think I slept most of the day.  But Friday night I played gin with the boys and it was a nice time. 

Saturday we all wore the shirts we had made.  They all look the same, big Hello name tags on the front and the back says "All Drinks, No Drama".  Although the name tags are all the same, they all say something different.  Mine says "Hello...I'm Awesome".  They were a huge hit.  Everyone at the track was saying how much they loved them and then they would come up with their own saying as if they were wearing a name tag.  I must say it will be hard to come up with something better than this year's shirts.  But I have a year to think of something fantastic, and I'm sure I will. 

The race was great.  I always get motion sickness watching those cars go around the track so fast.  But I still have a great time.  We take Dylan to the race with us and I get such a kick out of watching him and Eric watch the race.  They both get so excited I forget which one is the kid (see picture above). 

It was the best weekend with my friends, and a much needed one as well.  I absolutely can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment