Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Shoes

I have stated before that I have a tiny shopping addiction.  I have been to the mall 4 times in less than a week.  And yes, I did buy something all 4 times.  And yes, I do have an excuse for such actions.  First, my friends and I had very big plans to go to prom on Friday and I needed things for the event.  Hair things, earrings, a corset.  And it all made the prom more fabulous!  I wore a little black dress and so did my friends.  We stopped at a downtown staple for drinks before the dance, and I must say that I love it when I get dressed up and people turn their heads as I walk by.  It makes me feel....sexy?  We had so much fun.  We drank and danced and ended the night with Taco Bell.  It was fantastic and I can't wait to do it again next year!


Today, I returned to the mall to get my husband's watch fixed and pick up a couple of DS games for the kid's Easter Baskets.  Now, yesterday my boss told me that I can't show the tattoo on my foot when I wear skirts or cropped pants.  And since I plan on wearing skirts and cropped pants all summer long, I needed new shoes that look good with skirts but cover the top of my foot.  I got three pair.  They are awesome!  I love them.  My husband hates them.  He made this rule that every time I buy a new pair of shoes I have to get rid of an old pair.  This doesn't work for me.  Shoes aren't like furniture.  You don't just get rid of the old because you bought something new.  First of all, I don't buy regular shoes.  Almost all of my shoes are 3 or 4 inch heels and are very different from any other shoes I own.  And I need them.  And second of all, shoes are the sweet part of my shopping addiction.  For example, an alcoholic has a specific kind of alcohol they drink more than other types of alcohol.  I like to buy shoes more than anything else.  Shoes also make me feel sexy.  So, when I'm out in a great pair of shoes and men turn their heads when I walk by...well, then I feel super sexy.  Even if I'm not. 

Some people like chocolate, some people like to play video games, some people like to sleep.  I like to shop, at the mall, and buy shoes.  I don't think there is anything wrong with that, do you?  Maybe it's a good thing I'm working now, I won't have as much time to just "run to the mall" anymore.  Of course, my new job is just down the street from The Fashion Mall...  Lunch break shopping, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment