Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Nothing special

Well, I made it through Christmas.  And it was what it was.  That's it.  Nothing special.  My kids made out like bandits, as always.  Dylan's favorite gift is his Colts slippers that look like shoes.  He hasn't taken them off unless he's in the shower or we're leaving to go somewhere.  He says his favorite thing about them is how squishy the soles are and how they bounce back with every step he takes.  Hannah didn't really like anything I got her and I can't tell if it's because she really doesn't like it or if it's because I got it for her.  We returned half of her gifts this week and I didn't say anything about the things she exchanged them for, just in case it might make her change her mind about her new choices.  She traded that black and gray bed set I got her for a different black and gray bed set.  Then, when we were in Aeropostal exchanging a sweater for some t-shirts she decided to throw a fit like a 5 year old because she didn't want to stand in line.  Someone tell me when will this puberty thing will end, I can't remember how long it took for me to stop being hormonal.  Wait...I'm still hormonal.  This is very discouraging.  I fear that she and I will never get along and it will always be like this, us arguing over stupid things that don't really matter.  I'm sure we will always be this way and I will just have to deal with it and continue to love her.

Now I have the week off and it's been fantastic.  I watched a friends daughter and since she is friends with my kids I let her stay all night.  My kids had fun all night and I was able to sit in my Colts room and watch a movie.  The only thing missing was a glass of wine, which I decided I shouldn't drink since I was watching my friends child.  Don't worry, I'm having two glasses of wine tonight to make up for the glass I so missed last night.  But not having a glass of wine was worth the 2 hours of relaxation I got while my friends daughter played the Wii with my kids.  I have also cleaned my house, including putting away all the Christmas gifts.  I haven't taken down the tree yet though, I like to leave it up for one extra week.  This year, when I take down the Christmas decor, I am also taking everything off the walls in the living room and totally redecorating.  It's been the same for 7 years now and I'm finally a little tired of the look of the room.  I am very excited about doing this change.  I need a change.  I so feel that my life is the same thing over and over and over again.  It will be nice to come home to something different, even if it is only different for a while before it becomes the same.  If that makes any since.

I wish my holiday was more exciting.  We are hosting New Year's Eve at our house, so maybe I'll have some funny story to tell next time.  Until then, I hope your 2010 was amazing.  Mine had it's ups and downs and I have no idea what to expect in 2011, but I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I would love a little same-ness. I have not lived in the same place for more than a couple years, by the time I settle, its time to move. I am going on year two in my current place and its odd not to be packing, but to be planning the next projects. I am over the constant change! Sameness or Constant change- its all the same : )life is exhausting

    ReplyDelete