Friday, December 17, 2010

Snow

Ugh, it's snowing again.  As if the 4 inches that is already on the ground isn't enough.  I don't like snow, at all.  Unless it's going to close everything down and leave me sitting next to my fireplace watching an uncut, unedited version of A Christmas Vacation, then I don't want anything to do with snow.  I have a friend who ended up in a ditch yesterday morning.  Thank goodness she is alright and no damage to her car either, but that is just another reason I hate snow.  Snow on the road turns into ice which causes accidents because people don't know how to drive on ice.  I am lucky, my dad took me out on icy country roads one winter and taught me how to drive on ice.  Best dad ever!  I also hate wearing a coat, no matter how cute that coat may be.  Wearing a coat sucks because it's bulky, makes you look fat, and makes it difficult to carry your purse on your shoulder.  And don't even get me started on snow boots.  If only some designer, somewhere, could find a way to design a stylish snow boot, then maybe I would buy a pair.  I guess it could be worse though, instead of just a few inches of snow, we could be having a blizzard that's causing roofs to cave in.  Thank goodness I don't live in Minnasota!  OK, I think I'm done with my rant on snow....for now.

Something else to discuss, Christmas.  It's a week away and I'm doing all my shopping tomorrow.  I do have to travel down to the mall at lunch to pick up my daughter's birthday present since her party is tonight.  Hey, don't judge me because I waited until the very last minute to get her gift, I've had a busy week.  Heck, I've had a busy month.  And nothing funny has really happened.  But I'm greatful nothing bad or sad has happened either.  So, I guess that's good. 

Oh, I should let everyone know that my husband is awesome.  He has a horrible cold, but still got up while I was in the shower and shoveled the drive and warmed up my car for me.  Love him...  Even if he didn't do anything inside the house this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment