Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finally!

Well, I'm finally going to get that hysterectomy I've been needing for about 3 years. (Yes, you should be laughing, that was meant to be funny, even though I'm as serious as a cow that needs to be milked).  I know, you are saying WHAT!?!  It's a partial hysterectomy.  They will remove my right ovary, which has problems creating cyst.  Probably Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome.  And they will also remove my uterus which the doctor says he's 95% sure has Adenomyosis.  This is a conditions "in which endometrail tissue, which normally lines the uterus, is present within and grows into the muscular walls of the uterus.  It isn't the same as endometriosis, although the pain feels the same."  (Thank you Mayoclinic.com). 

I must say I am super excited about this.  Yes, I'm a little nervous about surgery.  But I have been dealing with this pain for so long now it will be fabulous to not have it anymore.  I'm not even sure I know how to get through the day without popping some Advil or Motrin.  And how great will it be to be able to actually not have a period?  Since they are not removing my left ovary, my hormones shouldn't change to much.  Well, except for the first few months after surgery.  I may be a raging crazy lady for a bit, but you all love me so I know you'll except my insanity and do what you can to not leave me  

I will only be down for about a week.  This is also great news because I was a little concerned about taking off six weeks from my new job.  Which I'm sure they would say, "well Kellie, we think you're great but we're going to have to let you go since you have these issues with your uterus."  I'm glad to know that won't happen now.  I'll just take off a week in August, dope myself up, then be back to work the following Monday.   Oh joy!  I'm so glad to get this done before the end of the world on Oct. 21, 2011.  (Kidding, everyone knows the world is going to end on Dec. 21, 2012.  Didn't you see the movie?) 

Speaking of the end of the world, please pray for some friends of mine that have been affected by the outbreak of tornadoes the past few days.  So far, everyone I know is still alive but some have lost a lot and are dealing with a ton of damages.  I hope you are safe, and stay safe while mother natures tries to take control of her planet.  It seems she's very mad at us.  Maybe I should start recycling more than just my In-Style magazines.  Until next time...enjoy what you have cause you may not have it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment