Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I'm Awesome!

Let me just say, I have the best friends in the world.  The above is a picture of a necklace that my friend Lisa got for me when she and her soon to be husband, BJ, took their daughter to RAW.  Now, how great is it that she is out with her family, sees something that made her think of me, then buys that thing?  The reason she got it for me is because last year, I'm awesome was my slogan, per say.  I made all of our friends shirts for the brickyard that said something that would fit their personality and the way they drink.  My husband's said "Drink like a champion today".  Mine said, "I don't get drunk, I get awesome".  Everyone wore them on Saturday to practice and we got many complements.  I plan on doing the same thing this year as we have already bought tickets to the race and rented the RV for camping.  I'm so excited about this upcoming weekend even though it's not for 4 full months away. 

The kids are on spring break this week and we are having a very nice time doing things around town.  Monday, we went downtown to Circle Center and shopped.  We ate lunch at Jonny Rocket's even thought I really wanted to go to Champs.  We sat at the bar and played songs from the jukebox.  Then we walked to the circle and had dessert at the Chocolate Factory.  It was yummy.  Tuesday, my sister had her twins 10 weeks early, so we went to the hospital to see her.  Don't worry, they are going to be ok as long as they don't get infections.  They were both over 3lbs, which is fantastic.  They'll be in the hospital for 10 weeks or so.  After that we went to the eye doctor.  Dylan has had glasses since he was 4, but Hannah hasn't needed them, until now.  She is near sighted and so we picked out glasses for her.  45 minutes later....she finally found a pair she likes.  They are white plastic frames.  I hope she'll still like them in 3 months.  Today, we've done nothing.  And it has been fantastic.  Tomorrow, Children's Museum and Friday we are going to the movies and then they are staying all night at the in-laws!  Of course this means I get date night with my husband.  It's not really date night though, all we ever do is go the bar and play cards.  But I don't mind, I'm not doing to badly at cards here lately.

I know it's not that funny.  I know it's not even that interesting.  But it will be nice for me to look back and read this blog and remember that I have good friends and am having a nice time with my kids on their spring break.  Oh, I also got that job!  Yay me!  I can't wait to start.  I hope I enjoy it as much as I think I will.  I also hope I make money at it as much as I hope I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment